A simple girls struggle to get out of debt and achieve financial sanity.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Beginning of a New Era!

After a move to a new city, new apartment and new job I have decided that now is as good a time as any to create a new budget and a new way of living. While my debt is not substantial it is enough to effect my overall happiness and my day-to-day life and correcting it now, once and for all, while I am young and can handle giving up a few of life's luxuries (like two-ply TP), seems like the best plan.

I accumulated my debt in away a lot of 20-somethings do. I was in college and had my first credit card and bought items that seemed necessary at the time but now, with two credit cards near their maxium and no emergency funds available I realize that maybe..just maybe those super cute purple flats weren't as important as they originally seemed. After surviving the last month on $20 and what remained in my fridge I decided that it was time for a change, time to stop spending every dollar I came in contact with and time to accumulate some real savings, if only so I never have to eat rice and lentils for two weeks again. This is not going to be an easy change. While I don't consider myself a shopaholic there is something therapeutic about going out and buying something. I love grocery shopping most of all...

I will post my proposed budget for August soon, I hope ya'll are ready for a crazy ride...

<3 Sarah

No comments: